Moron Spammer: Are there people really this stupid still thinking they can use spam to make money? I have been receiving several pieces of spam over the past few days (since June 5, actually) from one “Jerry Maxwell” and sent to “Cameron Cameron Barrett” (not a typo). Like most spam I deleted it but one of them caught my eye. It’s subject was “URL Fix!”. Apparently Jerry Maxwell is not a very smart man and sent out his business-opportunity spam with a mis-typed URL. Jerry also isn’t too bright and included a toll-free number in which you can call to learn more. I called. And got what sounds like a home residence with options to leave messages for Gerald Maxwell, Becky Maxwell and another one of the Maxwell clan. Is this guy really that dumb? If you’d like to call the Maxwells (1-866-202-0097) and breathe heavily into the phone, I won’t stop you. If you actually get to speak with Jerry or Becky, string them along and waste their time. Pretend that you are selling them something. Ask for their email addresses. Be as much of a nuisance as you can be and maybe they will get the picture that unsolicited email is not a good way to make money on the Internet.
- URL Fix! (received 1 time)
- Cameron, Still Evaluating $3,000-$5,000+ per wk? (1)
- Freedom!!! (3)
- Cameron,Thanks for answering our ad! (3)
- Cameron, Are you ready to make money? (1)
- Cameron, $3,000-$5,000+ per week from home.. (1)
- Cameron…Coast Club Awesome Power… (1)
- Cameron, Still Interested In Making $1,000-$3,000 per sale?! (1)
- Cameron], New Coastal Finance Programs now available…
- Frequently Asked Questions II—> Make $1,000-$3,000 Commissions (1)
- Frequently Asked Questions I —> Make $1,000-$3,000 Commissions (1)
I am going to attempt (again) to install SpamAssassin this week, since it gets nothing but rave reviews from those in the know.
Gary Wilke took his daughter’s misbehaving Gateway computer to the lobby of a Gateway Country store and smashed it with a sledgehammer. I think this guy’s biggest problem is that he bought a Gateway. I have a Dell box that I’m about ready to throw off the roof. My Apple G4 tower just hums along (running Mac OS X), with an occasional kernel panic but other than that runs pretty much flawlessly.
There’s something disturbing about actor John Travolta, a die-hard Scientologist, flying his family around the world in his own jumbo jet on a “friendship mission.” Can’t quite put my finger on it. Creepy.
Posted by Cameron Barrett at June 25, 2002 09:24 PM