Epinion: Lives of the Monster Dogs
I’m watching The Iron Giant tonight. It’s a screener copy from work. The good news is that Warner Bros. is planning plenty of marketing for the VHS/DVD release including:
- Over 4 million Iron Giant-themed Honey Nut Cheerios boxes
- A consumer sweepstakes with Chevy Venture
- $2 coupon for Iron Giant video distributed to all kids seeing the Pokemon movie
- Act II Iron Giant-themed popcorn tubs with $3 rebate
- AOL $3 rebate and promotion
- Posters in 2500 Best Western hotel lobbies in the U.S.
- “Massive” television and print advertising campaign, expected to generate over one billion consumer impressions
- Iron Giant action figure on every video [Ed. I think the word “on” should be “with”]
Shameless plug: Jason Fried (formerly of Spinfree), Ernest Kim (formerly the creative director at Organic’s Chicago office), and Carlos Segura (the man behind T-26 and Segura Inc) have joined together to start a new company called 37signals. This combined talent should prove to be something awesome. Forget the huge corporate web shops that charge multiple millions of dollars per account, and hire these guys, who will get the job done right, the first time, and for a fair price.
Posted by Cameron Barrett at October 13, 1999 07:47 PM