I spent most of the past week building out a discussion forum community for Michael Moore’s new movie, Fahrenheit 9/11, which hits theatres on June 25.
Why did I build this? For a variety of reasons:
- Other than the popular Rotten Tomatoes and IMdb forums, I found very few discussion forums dedicated to a single cause, like Moore’s new movie
- I realized that this movie is going to be HUGE and I wanted there to be a place online for fans (and critics) to talk about this movie on equal terms.
- Moore’s Internet people never emailed me back – even after several attempts – so I can only assume they have no plans for building an online community into fahrenheit911.com
- I wanted to see how easy it would be to add/modify a Forums module to the Content Management Framework I’m learning
- I wanted a showpiece community site for my new company, BlogLabs, Inc.
Feel free to use the site, but assume that over the next day or two that small things on the site will change as I iron out any more bugs I find. For instance, I haven’t tested the site completely in IE/Windows. Any bugs can be reported in the comments for this entry or sent to me through my contact form.
Posted by Cameron Barrett at June 15, 2004 02:52 AM