Request: Who can recommend a free or low-cost DNS service [must be reliable] for me to use to point some of my domains to my DSL connectivity (static IP numbers)? Email. I will summarize the results.
Free DNS services (number of reader recommendations):
- http://www.granitecanyon.com (3)
- http://www.hn.org (2)
- http://www.zoneedit.com (1) (up to 5 domains)
- http://www.ulimit.com (1)
- http://www.dyndns.org (3)
- http://www.myip.org (1)
- http://www.ods.org (1)
Grant Barrett (not related) is hosting a weblog get-together tomorrow in NYC:
Rain Lounge in Williamsburg (Brooklyn)
216 Bedford Avenue (at North 5th)
Take the L train one stop into Brooklyn to Bedford Avenue, walk about 30 seconds down Bedford from there.
Friday, August 10th, at 7 p.m.
Series of WebReview articles on Web accessibility:
- Introducing Web Accessibility
- Getting to Know the Disabilities Community
- Web Accessibility: 500 Million and Growing
More links about pervasive accessibility:
- IBM Think Research: Interfaces and Accessibility
- Sun: New Technologies Open the Web to Everyone
- Peter Jones: Why Make Web Pages Accessible?
- Journal of Leisurability: Getting A Piece of the Pie: Accessibility as a Universal Entitlement
- Enhancing Web Accessibility Via the Vox Portal and a Web Hosted Dynamic HTML-to-VoxML Converter
- The Uses and Implications of Pervasive Computing
- Web-based Information Systems for People with Disabilities: THE EC AVANTI PROJECT
The monkey boy is strange.
I can always tell when I’ve been doing too much research with Google when I run across more than two purple (visited link color) links within the first twenty search results.
Posted by Cameron Barrett at August 9, 2001 12:01 PM